A ‘Sunny load’ of Eco-logs or briquettes consists of 20 paper bags of Eco Logs total weight of 200kg delivered in a dumpy bag. Each individual bag weights 10kg and contains 5 Eco Logs (2kg/log). So, a load is equal to 200kg worth of eco logs. Total of 100 logs (2kg/each).
Logs are cut into 28cm length, but easy to break into smaller chunks. We recommend to break one log into 2-4 chunks depending on the size of your stove. The moisture content is constant and low < 12% and certified ‘Ready to Burn’ to comply with the DEFRA clean air act.
The hole in the Eco logs is part of the design, it aids airflow which improves the consistent burning performance.
The Eco logs guarantees a very hot, clean and slow burn. However, you need prepare a good kindling fire before you add them onto your stove. (see Q&A) You can either recycle paper bag or use it to light the kindling fire 😉
Eco logs, best climate smart heating option for your wood-burner!
Eco logs compared to Kiln Dried (KD) Logs
Our Eco logs are:
- more compact, dry, clean and economical than KD logs
- Briquettes have a high calorific value: 5kWh/tonne (compared to 4.4-4.6kWh/tonne for KD Oak)
- The moisture content is <12%, and are Woodsure ‘Ready to Burn certified’
- Consistent in size, weight, moisture content and burn time
- Easy to handle, stack and store – BUT needs a waterproof store.
- Made from recycled waste wood from local British sawmills from sustainably managed UK FSC ® certified forests
- Guaranteed to produce more heat for less money than KD logs
- Manufacturing process uses their own generated renewable energy
- Very low ash – ash can be used as a nutritious fertilizer 😉
Really, no brainer to try them out, you will get used to them, and love them!
Possible ‘inconvenience’ with Eco logs:
They need to be kept in a dry place, preferable a garage or a water-proof log store which is not damp. They might not have the same lovely smell and good looking appearance as a real oak log…We are sure you will get over that when you remind yourself about the environmental and burning advantages it has compared to traditional logs 😉